Sunday 11 September 2011

Conceptual Link

My main concept linking pure war and real-world sensors, was basically creating a strategic and futuristic technological defence basis. As Crogan states that Pure War is a constant “preparation and anticipation of actual warfare” this would only require immense weaponry and defensive support. My Pachube Research of a city in Japan exposed to sever nuclear exposure, is entied to my main concept of pure warfare. As my pachube research indicated the level of nuclear exposure attributed to Japan's incidents in war and their level of power plants this links with my idea of anticipation and preperation for warfare at any cost (despite the clear dangerous risks of nuclear exposure).

However, after studying ludology in-depth, it had come to my attention that efficiency was not enough and I had to provide some creative conceptual defence mechanism with well-considered design aspects to it. This had spawned the idea of a maze/puzzle blockade that would actually entrap the opponent ultimately leading to their inevitable death. However, I had also created a route for non-enemies, which would still be almost impossible to survive in the real world.

I had also made sure to include the main colours of white and red within this experiment. As red is symbolic of danger, war, emergency; whereas white is the opposite and is symbolic for safety. This not only helps stimulate my design concept of “Pure War” but also creates an obvious and realistic sense of urgency and danger within the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment