Sunday 13 November 2011

ANALYTIC ENGINE BRIEF & VIDEO CLIP


ANALYTICS ENGINE BRIEF

The main concept behind my Analytics Engine was a light sensor feed that saves energy used in light through sparing use of artificial lighting and maximum use of daylight. This went under the premise that the more daylight there is the lesser amounts of artificial light, and the less daylight there is the more artificial light is needed. This helped me to shape my whole concept of my Crysis environment and Sketchup models, as I used lighting and shadow as a key motif.

My surrounding claw like walls are all uniquely opened and therefore allow light to shine through them creating unique shadows within the entire structure. This entwined with the no physics entity sphere capsuling my cubes, created amazing shadow art. While the cubes contributed to the lighting part of my concept, their main purpose was to cater for my spatial porosity complex. It is a common architectural fact that through creating clutter within a space expresses a more populated feeling. These cubes allowed me to uniquely and diversely section off my open space, which links back to the definition of porosity.

The bottom level was also filled with the recurring motif of cubes although since it is underground and covered in darkness, this allowed me to implement the artificial lighting concept of my Pachube Feed. My analytics engine was also located here as it seemed suitable to act as a sort of destination for my crisis environment.

The main idea behind the video motion and editing is to firstly concentrate on the way the light interacts with the structures to create an immense and unique art form. This caters to the fact that porosity is the “unique reconstruction and reimagining of spatial properties.” As the group of cubes break up it actually creates several spaces within this big open field and space. This linked perfectly with the Pachube feed as the light and space concepts integrate almost perfectly, and are commonly combined concepts in basic architecture.


No comments:

Post a Comment